Co To Island is an ideal tourist destination in the North with beautiful beaches, long and flat sand shore and crystal clear water. The information in this article will help you have a wonderful trip in Co To Island.
Co To is an archipelago of about 50 islands in the eastern part of Quang Ninh Province with an area of 46.2 km2. The island has a population of 500 households, with about 6,000 people. Co To has a particularly important position in national defense – security, the only place where Uncle Ho agreed to set up his statue when he visited the island on May 9, 1961. Along with Ha Long Bay, Quan Lan island, Bai Chay beach, Co To island is one of the ideal resort island for tourists in the North.
2. How to get
From Hanoi to Cai Rong port
If traveling by car from Hanoi, there are trips to Cam Pha, Cua Ong at My Dinh and Luong Yen bus stations. Price about 200,000 VND /person. buy zoloft, buy Zoloft. Travel time is about 4 hours. Paying attention to tell the driver let down at the fork into Cai Rong harbor. From here, take a bus or taxi for an extra 15 km to get to the port.
Speedboat at Cai Rong – Van Don port to Co To island
– Time: 90 minutes
– Ticket (children over 1 year old ticket as adult): Week-day: 160,000 VND/person (Mon-Thur) | Weekend: 200,000 VND/person (Fri, Sat, Sun)
– Starting time: Van Don -> Co To: 8h00, 13h30 | Co To -> Van Don: 8h15, 15h15. On Sunday there will have additional trips in 12h15′
Wooden Boats at Cai Rong Port
– Time: 150 minutes.
– Ticket price: 95,000 VND/time/guest.
– Starting time: Van Don -> Co To: 7:00 am Monday to Saturday / Co To -> Van Don: 7:00 am
– Note: There is an extra trip at 13h00 on weekends
3. Traveling on the island
Electric vehicles, cars
On the island, there are many trams and cars from 16 to 29 seats that take you from the town center to the sights. You can contact through the lodge or directly with the car owners. Rental of electric trams/cars about 600,000 – 800,000 VND for 12 – 16 seats to visit one place.
The freedom to drive motorcycles to visit the island is chosen by a lot of tourists. On Co To Island, you can directly ask the residents, they have motorbikes for rent at the price of 200,000 – 250,000 VND/day. Gasoline is self-sufficient, cost about 30,000 VND/liter.
4. Where to stay
Currently on Co To, many new and beautiful guesthouses are built. Room rates will range from 300,000 – 700,000 VND (homestay – motels, air conditioning – air conditioning).
In the high season, from April 30 to September 2nd, many guesthouses will be on operation. You can choose from several accommodations:
– Thanh Mang Hotel: Newly opened in April 2014 with comfortable, clean and air-conditioned rooms, 24/24 electricity. Capacity up to 60 guests. With a large 5-storeys building, the hotel offers 28 well-equiped rooms and convenient location right in the center of the town.
– Green Co To Hotel: 3km from the town center, suitable for those who want quiet space to rest.
– Thanh Trung Guesthouse: located near the sea. From the wharf to the town, you can immediately see the green Thanh Trung guesthouse.
– Homestay: to save money, homestay will be a good choice with lower prices but the amenities are not enough, the bathroom will be outside of the room. Room rates are around 300,000 – 500,000 VND /room/night.
5. Attractions on the island
Cau My Stone – the work of stone and water
Located in the south of Co To Island and about 3km from the center, Cau My has the best rock system on the island. It’s a great place to take the perfect photos and it’s great to have a unique wedding photo album. It’s also the place to receive the first sunlight of the day.
Love Road – the romantic road
The road is shady with a range of trees, a romantic place for couples to walk along the beach together. This is also a venue for entertainment, holding barbecues on the island.
Monument of Uncle Ho
Located in the center of the town, right next to Love Road, it is the only monument that Uncle Ho agreed to build after his visit to Co To in May 9, 1961. On the occasion of the festivals or weekends, this is the venue for cultural exchanges for people of the island and tourists.
Co To Lighthouse – “the eye of night sea”
Located at an altitude of 101m and put into operation in 1961, this is one of over 30 lighthouses operating across Vietnam’s territorial sea.
Van Chay Beach – clear blue water
About 6km from the town, this is one of the most beautiful beaches of Co To Island, with long smooth sand shore and large waves. It is suitable for playing beach sports, surfing.
Thanh Lan Island – sea and beach in 1 choice
Thanh Lan is an island commune in Co To District with an area of 27km2. The island commune is located in the northeast of Co To island district, Quang Ninh province, 4km from the district center.
With many pristine romantic beaches all over the island, the sedimentary stones have thousands of years old. The difference from many places in the world is that the stones here are so smooth and no moss.
For more information about Halong guides, please visit our website.